24 jan. 2019 kl 16:30 - 18:00
The Norwegian Polytechnic Society, Norfund and NABA welcome you to an evening seminar where we will examine some of the business opportunities and challenges on the African continent in 2019.
You will get the latest news and views from:
- HE Ms. Selaelo Ramokgopa, Ambassador of the Republic of South Africa to Norway and Republic of Iceland
- Georges Desvaux, Managing Partner McKinsey & Co
- Lanre Akinola, Editor of Nurmara
About the speakers:
- HE Ms. Selaelo Ramokgopa is the Ambassador of the Republic of South Africa to Norway and Republic of Iceland. Her Excellency Ramokgopa served as the Director of East African Community in the South African Ministry of International Relations and Cooperation. She was the Counsellor Political at the South African Embassy in Egypt and Mozambique. HE Ramokgopa holds the Bachelor of Fine Arts, Communications Film and Video (City College New York) and a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from University of South Africa.
- Georges Desvaux is the McKinsey managing partner for Africa, based in Johannesburg. From 2011 to 2015, he was the managing partner of Japan. He also worked in Beijing from 1999 to 2006, and Paris from 2006 to 2011. Georges is also a member of McKinsey’s Shareholders’ Council and a leader of McKinsey’s Marketing Practice and has authored articles and research on consumer and macroeconomic trends as well as building consumer insights and analytics capabilities. Mr. Desvaux devotes much of his time and energy to developing McKinsey’s global talent and has initiated and co-led McKinsey’s “Women Matter” research on the role of women in corporations since 2007.
- Lanre Akinola is the Editor of Nurmara, focused on analysis of the policy and the business environment across the continent. He was previously the editor of This Is Africa, a Financial Times Ltd publication focused on analysis of the policy and business environment, as well as Africa’s strategic relationships with other world regions. Mr. Akinola has worked with the World Economic Forum, Rockefeller Foundation, OECD, Bloomberg TV, and BBC. He holds a BA in politics from SOAS, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London.
Entrance is free.
This knowledge seminar is fully booked.
Welcome to Norfund’s Head Office
Møtet er fulltegnet.